Friday, March 14, 2014

Blood Test Results

The results of my blood tests are in. Although as it turns out, there is no result for AMH and instead there is a result for TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). I think this is a mistake because the doctor definitely mentioned testing AMH, which is a measure of ovarian reserve.

  • FSH: 6.4 mIU/mL
  • Estradiol (E2): 26 pg/mL
  • Prolactin: 12.1
  • TSH: 1.47 uIU/mL

I got a note from the doctor that all the results are normal. I sent her a note inquiring about the missing AMH test; will have to wait and see about that.

Since the tests were normal, I guess they do not explain why there are so many days between my periods. So that is still a bit of a mystery. I’m just hoping that my long cycles aren’t related to perimenopause--I have read that long cycles can be an indication of perimenopause and since I’m hoping to be fertile for a good long time, that would be very bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment