Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 5 Ultrasound

I went for my Day 5 Ultrasound yesterday--the first ultrasound since starting the injections. The doctor probed around my ovaries and read off the sizes of follicles that she saw. She saw 5 10s (I am not sure of the units) on the right side, and 5 larger ones, 12s and 13s, on the left. So a total of 10. Plus two smaller ones, a six and an eight. I am disappointed with the number of course--I was really hoping to get 15 eggs on this cycle and it looks like the number will be more like 10.

The increased dose of meds (compared with my first cycle) is definitely making the follicles grow faster. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be making the follicles more numerous. I may trigger as soon as Friday which would be after only 8 days of stimulation (last cycle, I had 11 days of stimulation). I have another ultrasound tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that somehow more follicles will have appeared by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment