Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 7 Ultrasound

I had another ultrasound yesterday, and things are looking a little better--this time the doctor said she thinks there are 13 or 14 follicles that are big enough. So that is an improvement over the last ultrasound, even though it’s not quite the number I was hoping for.

The egg retrieval is coming up on Sunday. Tonight is my last night of stimulation injections, tomorrow morning is my last Ganirelix, and tomorrow night I do the trigger shot at exactly 10:30 PM. That means that in all, I will have done 8 days of stimulation injections, which feels much shorter than the 11 days I did last time. I am on double the dose of medication this time so I guess it makes sense that it would take less time in total. But I can't believe that this egg freezing cycle is almost done!

I also learned that in addition to the Ovidrel trigger shot, I will also be doing a shot of Lupron at the same time. I am not sure why this is necessary but I will do as the doctor says! I have to pick up the Lupron shot from Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy tomorrow. They mix it up specially and it has a limited shelf life.

In other news, I am definitely feeling my ovaries! Last cycle I thought I felt some heaviness, but I wasn’t entirely sure that it wasn’t my imagination. This time I am positive--I especially feel the one on the left, it is sort of an achy feeling that I especially notice when I am lying down. I hope this means there are a lot of good eggs in there!

2 comments:

  1. Could you please tell me how was the cost of the medications?
    I am preparing to go for egg-freezing in Vancouver Canada, and I am really curious about how the medication prices might be different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please tell me how was the cost of the medications?
    I am preparing to go for egg-freezing in Vancouver Canada, and I am really curious about how the medication prices might be different?

    ReplyDelete